Ruiz Jr plans to lose one stone ahead of Joshua rematch

Ruiz Jr plans to lose one stone ahead of Joshua rematch

July 31,2019



The Mexican-American underdog was unfancied by the watching public, in many cases due to his physique, before his shock victory over AJ in June.

At the weigh-in, Joshua’s fans chanted ‘you fat b*****d’ at Ruiz Jr, though he, of course, had the last laugh by knocking out their man 24 hours later.

Despite this, the new champion insists he does want to make some changes before the second fight.

Ruiz Jr told USA Today: “I want to be more toned. Just shock the world, even more, you know? I’ll have more ability, more speed, more power if I turn the little flab I have into muscle.

“I’m not trying to be with six-pack abs and big muscles and all that. None of that, you know. But just look a little different and leaner.’’

In the rematch he hopes to be around 250lbs (17st 12lbs) or 255lbs (18st 3lbs), losing a stone or so to get there. He continued: “That’s something I’m working on now, choosing the right foods. If not, I would be eating a three-party hamburger with bacon and all kinds of cheese.

“People need to understand that I came this far being chubby and all that. Imagine how far I could go actually being in good shape and looking good.

It is yet to be confirmed where the second fight will take place

“It’s going to work to my advantage. I know it’s going to work. I’m going to feel a lot better and have more ability. I’d love to be at 250/255lbs, but just be fit and be solid.

“Now that I have the right team behind me and the right equipment and all that, I think it’s going to work out for my benefit and it’s going to work out in my favour.

“The main thing is just to stay focused.’’


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What happened to Orion Acaba: cancer, drug addiction, cheating, critical role drama

Nigeria election: Nigerians react as APC says Atiku not Nigerian

Tribunal Upholds Elrufai's election as Kaduna Governor